Monday, April 07, 2008

My First Mate - A Tribute


Click the pic.

Sierra Nevada passed into the sunset on Friday surrounded by his family. My 16 year old golden retriever was the best sailing buddy a guy could ask for. We have been sailing together since he was 4 months old. He was always eager to jump on board and go on another adventure. If it was a sun set sail or a 5 day trip on the Delta, Sierra loved to feel the wind and saying hello to the seals that swam by. He was a gentle, loving and very intelligent dog that will live in my heart forever. I will miss you boy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My heart goes out to you Craig. Not a fun time. I too lost my Lab and sailing buddy a couple of years ago. They're great company and unlike most of my sailing buddies, they don't drink your beer!!

Good wishes

richard

http://www.hacienda2.com