Tuesday, December 26, 2017

10 Great Tunes From One Great Year

Hello Music Lovers!

If you have been a reader of this blog, you know I am a music lover, DJ, and music aficionado.  In the 80's, a station called KFOG formed in SF.  It was my go to and I loved their World Class Rock format.  They had a show called 10 at 10, that played 10 great songs from one great year.  It was hosted by Dave Morey and ran for a good 25 years.  The show featured great music from that year as well as numerous samples of political, historical and pop culture happenings.  I ended up recording over 500 shows on tape and then digitally over the internet.  I still listen to those recording today and sometimes all day!  The show continued after his retirement in 2008, but it was never the same.  Fast forward 10 years and I just discovered a new generation of 10@10.  Dave is not at the helm but he has given his blessing to Dennis Willis to produce the new era of 10@10.  Dave provides some sound bites (like Don Pardo did on the original program).  To date they have produced over 250 shows!  I wanted to share my favorite radio program with you and hope you will become a fan.  The music spans from the mid 60's to the early 2000's.  Some of the music played will bring back some memories for you and you may hear a song or two that you have not heard since that very year.  I love the show and hope you will too!  The show below is from 1971.  Here is a link to all the shows that you can listen to anytime.  Click here. There is an app for Mixcloud as well.  Rock on!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Appreciating the hard work you put into your website and in depth information you provide.

It's good to come across a blog every once in a while that isn't the
same out of date rehashed material. Wonderful read!
I've bookmarked your site and I'm including your RSS feeds to my Google account.