Monday, April 17, 2023

Where have the bloggers gone? Celebrating 18 years of Bonehead Moves!

I purchased my first keel boat way back in 2000. I started reading all about sailing and lots cool sailing blogs. My hero's were Proper Course, Wetass Chronicles, Frogma, and Horse's Mouth to name a few. They have all left the game and moved on (Horse still posts every few months). Me, I am still sailing hard (3-4 times a week) and blogging a few times a month. The highlight of the blog came when we did our 7 month voyage to Mexico and back to SF. That was amazing! The boat was awesome, the crew delightful and 25 friends and family meeting us along the way. Now we have the video blogs on Youtube. So many it is hard to keep track. My two favorites are La Vagabond and Sailing Doodles. There are so many others! Most feature a beautiful woman or two and lots of thong bikinis. Someone encouraged me to do a video blog and I told them no one wants to watch a bunch of old men motoring around Mexican waters. I think I am correct. This blog is getting close to 3000 entries and one million visits. Not bad for a guy with a dog, a boat and a dream.

No comments: