Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Start Your Own Sailing Blog

Several people have told me that I inspired them to start their very own blog. They sign up with one of the many free hosting services(like this one at www.blogger.com) and they are ready to go. Then they ask me, "Well, what do I write about?" Good question. Write about what ever your passion is. Mine happens to be sailing, water sports and all things extreme. Figure out what your interests are and go from there. Then they ask, "Where do you find all your content?" I usually do my searching in the morning before the day begins. Many days I don't have any idea where I am headed, but by searching and stumbling thru the web, there is always something to discover. "How do you set up your links so all the reader has to do is click on it?" There is a little HTML code we use that makes it very simple. I can't post it because blogger thinks I am trying to set up a link. Email me at fungod@gmail.com and I will happily send it to you. So that's it! Now you are ready to begin. There are many other aspects like promoting your site, coming up with a great title for your site, getting other bloggers to link to your site, and many others. The key is is get it started and keep finding interesting content that will keep your readers coming back for more! Good luck!

No comments: