Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Boat Buying Timeline

Aquarius was the third boat I looked at.  I had visited a Beneteau 423 that was out of my price range.  I also sailed a Catalina 42 that was way over priced for the condition it was in.  Aquarius was at a broker in Sausalito and looking good. I found their website on Latitude 38 and looked them up on the web.  The boat had been put up for sale less than 30 days earlier.  She has a new set of sails, roller furler, all lines led aft, windlass, auto pilot, radar, 2 heads, 3 berths, dodger, bimini, full galley, and she shows like new.

Here was the timeline:
September 5 - Discover boat online.  She is in Sausalito!
September 7 - Visit boat with the broker
September 11 - Put an offer on the boat
September 12 - Let the negotiations begin!
September 15 - Agree on price with seller
September 19 - Sea Trial and Survey with Tex
September 22 - Wire $$$ to Trust Account
September 25 - Agree on insurance
October 1 - Pick up new to me boat and sail her to Emery Cove

 Sisterships.


No comments: