Monday, July 15, 2013

Weekend Raft Up

Just returned from a great sailing adventure on the SF Bay.  We started on Saturday with a sail with some (6 crew + the skipper) volleyball friends from Palo Alto.  It was blowing in the high teens so we went with the jib only.  We headed towards Angel Island and had a great sail across the bay.  For lunch we anchored in Paradise Cove.  Sunny and warm, I took Kona over for a swim to the beach and a romp in the sand.  There is a beautiful home here and the owner Scott said hello to me and welcomed me back to his beach (it had been about 2 years).  I asked him if anyone else swam up to his beach from a boat.  No he said, you are the only one!  We headed back toward home with Maureen driving and she was having a blast!  We made it back around 5pm and took a nap on the boat.  Tex and I then departed for Clipper Cove at Treasure Island.  We were to raft up at with My Girl, another Newport 30 from San Diego.  They had sailed up the coast over 10 days or so.  We had a nice dinner and and conversation on Rich's well out fitted 1986 Newport.  Back for some time on Addiction and then a nice sleep.  In the morning, we had coffee and breakfast of my fav, blueberry pancakes.  My Girl took off and we were out shortly after 10:30.  Had a great sail up to Tiburon with the sun popping thru.  Headed back to the barn about 1pm and cleaned up the boat.  So nice to have fixed our fuel delivery issues and now we can concentrate on having too much fun!  Here is to a great summer on the bay!!!!!!!

No comments: