Friday, October 03, 2008

Pic of the Day


Julia Pfiefer-Burns State Park, Big Sur California
Click the pic to see the waterfall into the ocean.

I used to live in Carmel and when I found Big Sur, I found the California I had been dreaming about. Rugged mountains surround by dramatic coastline. Towering redwoods with mossy streams flowing by. Waterfalls and hot springs side by side. Amazing beaches that stretch for miles with no one in sight. Friendly people that care about nature. I was there in January and visited Esalon for a soak in their tubs overlooking the coast. Since then there have been some major fires that have burned many 1000's of acres. There is still much beauty to be seen and the forest will return as it has done hundreds of times before. If you get a chance, go see this amazing place.

No comments: