Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Another Epic Sail on the SF Bay

Sunday came up cool and drizzly.  I had a crew of 5 meeting me at 11am and I hoped we would not get rained out.  As I approached the marina, I could see rain in the distance.  Undeterred, I headed to the boat to meet the group.  We took off and the wind was about 12 knots.  We got the sails up quickly and headed out.  We had a ton of food for lunch so a stop at Clipper Cove was needed.  We anchored and set up a buffet down below.  A light rain started to fall.  After a great lunch, we set out for Angel Island and the rain had stopped and the sun was shinning bright.  Once at Angel, I suggested a game of bocce.  The group was excited so we headed to the picnic area.  The island had seen the last ferry depart so we had the place to ourselves.  Back to the boat, we met a couple who needed a ride to Sam's Bar in Tiburon.  We pulled up to the slip and they bought us a round of drinks on the bars deck.  Back on the boat we had some perfect winds to get us back to Emeryville.  We threw the spinnaker up and we were off at 6.5 knots.  We returned after sunset and clean up took a while but it was very worth it.  My friend Delores was ecstatic and vowed to return for another wonderful sail on board the Addiction.

No comments: