Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Too Much Fun Sailing Club

After owning our 30' sail boat for 12 years, I was having trouble getting folks out for a sail.  Too busy, out of town, kids got the flu and a host of other reasons.  The frustration made me realize that maybe my friends weren't as excited about sailing as I was.  What to do?  I have been involved with a Meetup group called Got Wind and Water and had hosted a few sails.  So why not start my own meet up group?  The group was announced on Monday and by Monday night I had 42 new sailing friends and a full boat for our next sail in April.  And that was in just one day!  Wow!  The power of social networking. If you have been thinking about trying out this cool fun sport, head over to the
Too Much Fun Sailing Club web page and sign up. When I post a new event, you will be notified by email to sign up and read about the sail.  We will be doing sunset sails, night sailing, sailing to the Giants baseball games with a tailgate and entry into the ballpark at AT&T, and lots of day sails on the bay.  Space will be limited to keep it comfortable, however you will get plenty of chances to join in.  Hope to see you on the bay!

3 comments:

Doc Häagen-Dazs said...

There's no tail gating in baseball!

Fungod said...

Hello Doc. I beg to differ as there is nothing like a little pregame festivities to get the party started!

Rich said...

Craig, just purchased a Newport 30, MK III and I am very interested in your activities and experience. Left an E-mail for you earlier. Thanks for taking time to BLOG. Rich