Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Click and Hold Menu in Firefox

Not sure about you, but I have been having a frustrating issue with Firefox (I am a Mac user) for the last 6 months or so.  Browsing a page, for no reason, a contextual menu would pop up.  For months I thought is was from a fix I had made on the keyboard and did not realize it was only happening in the browser.  Has anyone else had this issue?  I found a fix.  See below:

Thanks to the infinite wisdom of Steve Jobs, many Macs have only one mouse button. Once again, the good people at Mozilla have ignored a fundamental feature of the Mac UI.
Here’s the solution: type in your browser: about:config, and search for ui.click_hold_context_menus. Double click where it says “false” to set it to “true”, and now you’ll get the context menu by holding the mouse button.

It's working for me and I am so happy to find a fix!

No comments: