Tuesday, April 28, 2015

An Ode to My First Mate

My golden retriever Kona has been the best first mate a sailor could ask for.  We have been sailing together for the last 6.5 years and have had some amazing times sailing the bay and swimming to the beach together.  We have sailed together almost 500 times!  Napa, Sausalito, Delta, Petaluma are all destinations we have spent multiple days together on the water and on land.  Kona loves having crew aboard and snuggles up on a long reach.  He gets in the way alot when we are tacking but its no big deal.  When I sleep on board he is right next to me in the v-berth.  I love having him on board and so does my crew.  Here to you boy, the best dog a guy could hope to have. 

The top shot he is about 12 weeks.  The second shot was taken in April 2015.

No comments: