Wednesday, May 20, 2009

iPhone Bike App


Click the pic to see a much larger view.

In my quest of 8 years to stay in shape thru running, biking and swimming, I have been biking a little 10 mile loop that takes me thru a lovey park called Coyote Hills in Fremont. A friend of mine mentioned a cool app called "The Bike Computer" I downloaded it for free and it is pretty impressive. It uses GPS to determine your speed and distance as well as tracks the ride.
Then after the ride you upload the file thru the phone via wifi and voila, you have a track of your ride on a satalite map. I also purchased a mount for my handlebar that works great and allows me to view the digital readout on the iPhone as I ride. Very cool!

2 comments:

Ken Savage said...

Thanks Craig. Can you share with us the handlebar mount you used to secure your iphone to your bike?
I'd like to ride my bike to and from work each day and wanted to track myself on the iphone and get directions via google maps.

Fungod said...

This is the one I am using. Took about two weeks to get here. You place it in portrait or landscape mode as well.
http://www.sourcingmap.com/bicycle-bike-mount-holder-for-iphone-mobilephone-pda-gps-mp4-p-28293.html

Happy trails!