Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Grateful Dead


I have been a Deadhead since I saw my first show in August of 1978 at Red Rocks in Colo. When I moved to the Bay Area in 1981 they were playing all the time and I went to see them a bunch. Since Jerry died in 1995 the band has had a few incarnations with different players trying to fill Jerry's shoes. Many shows have been disappointing but only because the expectations were so high. I went to see the band in San Francisco for the New Year's shows and was blown away by how great they sound now. The band is now called Futhur (after the famous bus) and they added a fey new players including John Kadlecik playing and singing the Jerry parts. When I closed my eyes during some of the songs, it seemed were were back in the days of old. What a great show! Check the show from 12-30 below, the sound is pretty good. Visit their site for upcoming dates and Phil's birthday back at the Civic in SF on March 12th. Hope to see you there!

You can listen to the entire show here.


No comments: