Friday, July 28, 2017

Two Girls on a Boat

The last time I featured these lovely young lasses, they were sailing the great loop from Lake Michigan.  The loop takes them out of the Great Lakes, down the East Coast, around Florida and then up the Mississippi back to the lakes.  On their adventure, they did a side trip to the Bahamas.

Jess meets a guy from the UK upon returning home.  They decide to sail to his home...across the Atlantic and dodging icebergs.  By now, she is becoming a prolific writer.  Book worthy.  Here is an example from the first day of their crossing.

I can’t add up the glories of one single day one. It doesn't feel right to be gifted so many things in less than 24 hours. I feel a very subtle shift in my gut. I know how these things tend to balance out. As my first grave yard shift begins the subtle shift takes a sharp turn. Upwards. Outwards. Stuck in between the back of my throat, threatening to come out of my nostrils. I am sick. Again. Again. And again. I put water in. It comes back up. I put a cracker in. It comes back up. Ginger ale. Comes back up. What does it want, quarters? I prevent myself from trying this. Someone has hooked up a macerator pump to my mouth and is pressing the button. Over 4 hours I drain my body of everything that is not securely attached to the walls of my stomach. I move onto dry heaving and count down the minutes till I can wake Luke up.

Read more here.


Which one do you like better?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I truly love your blog.. Excellent colors & theme.
Did you create this web site yourself? Please eply back as I'm trying to create myy own personal site and want to knhow
where you got this ftom or what the theme is called.
Thanks!

Fungod said...

This all created in blogger. The platform has everything you need to create a cool site. Go to blogger.com to start your blogging career.