Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Sail Goals 2018

Every year I write down some goals for the year.  It's fun to look back and see how I did.  Here we go!

Last year:
Sailing goals 2017!
x = completed

x We are departing for Australia in September of 2018.  I plan to begin searching for the perfect boat in September of 2017.  Result: I found her in Sausalito and completed the purchase on Oct. 1
x More night sails
x Finish Itinerary for our trip to OZ
x Research locations for our journey
x Sail on other friends boats  
x Charter BVI's.  Result: We did the West Indies (St. Barts, San Martin and Angullia) on a 60' cat with our best friends!!!
x Find the perfect boat!  Result: Found her, 2001 40' Jeanneau!!

I think that is the first time I completed them all!!

Here are some additional highlights:
My last nine months on Addiction - our 30' Newport that we owned for 17 years
Buying my dream boat in September
My last weekend on Addiction, Tex and I sailed to Sausalito for an overnight that was spectacular
My swimming buddy visiting from Vegas for a weekend on the water
Afternoon sail to Sam's
Sailabration sails aboard Aquarius including Fleet Week

It was another great year!  I left a partnership I had started in 2000 on our boat Addiction.  I purchased Aquarius and have sailed her about 15 times since October. She is sweet!

Here is my list for 2018:

Outfit the boat for offshore sailing
Sail the ocean to Half Moon Bay and Drakes Bay
Get all the equipment I will need for the journey
Stay safe and keep the boat in great shape
Practice man overboard drills
Reefing lessons for the crew
Sail to the Farallones and back
Depart for the Channel Islands in September

It's going to be a spectacular 2018!  Our trip to Mexico and back is on the horizon.  Lots of work to be done in the next 8 months.  The boat is currently in the yard for maintenance, upgrades and cruising gear.  Should be back in the slip mid January.  Looking forward to a smashing bon voyage!



No comments: