Friday, September 21, 2018

Chilling in Santa Barbara

Greeting from sunny Santa Barbara.  We arrived Monday morning after an exciting sail around Pt Conception.  The breeze was in the low 20's most of the afternoon out of Morro Bay.  We hit the cape about 0100 and the wind and the waves were up.  A few waves hit the boat and I sprang out of bed to the cockpit to check on Mike who was at the helm.  He said he was fine and I went back to bed.  My watch was less eventful and we ended up motoring for a few hours to get into the harbor.  We have been celebrating my 60th birthday this week in fine style.  Dinner with the crew at the Boathouse.  Hanging out poolside at the Ritz where my wife and I are staying to bring in my 60th.  Great day of friends, naps and a fabulous dinner with Bridget at the Angel Oak.  Friday we head out for a sojourn to the Channel Islands.  I have been dreaming of exploring the islands for a longtime and now we head.  I will start adding some pics now that we are in more of a vacation mode.  The boat is doing very well and now we will test our water maker.  I continue my winning ways on the bocce court with 6 victories.  Crew doing well and solving a few plumbing issues.  Onward we go!

No comments: