Monday, August 09, 2021

Wife's Away, A Sailor Will Play

My wife had a family function to attend in SLC and I dropped her at SFO. I took off for the boat about 30 minutes away. After some chores, Hana and I took off for a sail. Winds in the 20's got us to Clipper Cove and a nice beach in no time. There were a few boats there and anchoring is usually easy. I tried twice but the anchor did not bite, so we headed back to the dock. Friday I had a few friends join me for another sail to Cilpper. We swam to the beach and had a great lunch as well. The winds were in the high 20's as we hit the end of the island. After a tuff tack we made it around and back to the marina. Had a bunch of chores on Saturday including changing the transmission fluid. Out for a short sail and then home. Sunday was a big day for Hana as her brother was onboard. They played and wrestled as we sailed to Angel Island. I took them to the beach and they had a ball swimming for the stick. 30 knots of wind got us home quickly and my friends loved it. I even made it on time after the sail to pick up my wife at the airport.

No comments: