Sunday, February 13, 2022

The Gorilla Strikes

Back in the early 90's (I was about 32), I was working at an event company and a call came in. A woman was asking about having someone in a gorilla suit come out and entertain at her daughters 16th birthday party. I asked her to hold while I called the costume shop to make sure they had a suit available. I got back to the Mom and told her $500 for an hour of mayham! The next day I rented the suit and headed to the party. Now this was something I had never done. We are usually coordinatining large corporate events. But what the heck, let's have some fun. I burst into the party of 20 girls all shrieking and jumping up and down. Most were cheerleaders I was to find out, and very cute. I had my boom box blasting "They say it's your birthday" by the Beatles. Then we went into a bunch of fun dance tunes. The girls loved it and I was having a ball. As I was leaving, the birthday girl is saying goodby and thanking me. She asks me to take off my head gear so she can see my face. She says, "Oh you are so cute, I am going to have you come back for my 21st birthday and have you strip!" That was a nice complement! So I had that to look forward to!! Afterwards, I took the gorilla suit to a Grateful Dead show at Shoreline. I got a huge response from the crowd. Especially the ones tripped out on LSD. They thought I was the real deal and had escaped from the zoo!

No comments: