Thursday, August 11, 2022

Wing Foiler Action at the Golden Gate

I have had a teriffic summer of sailing this year! Lots to be thankful for and sharing this amazing sport with friends and dogs. I also do alot of solo sails with my golden Hana during the week. A few weeks ago I took a group from Got Wind and Water (meetup) for a nice summer sail to Tiburon. Dropped them at 4 back at the docks of Emeryville. Then took off for an 8 mile sail to Sausalito. I needed to get there before 6:30 to meet my sister (visiting from New Hampshire) for dinner. I made it and paddled over to dinner in the kayak. We had a lovely time. Stayed the night and then a quick sail home in the morning. It keeps getting better! I depart on Friday for a flight to Amsterdam and eventullay Africa for a safari or two. My other sis is joining along with some old friends. Great way to wrap up the summer. In September, Tex will join me for a trip down the coast to Monterey and back to SF. We will habor hop to Half Moon Bay, Santa Cruz and then Monterey both up and down the coast. Nice 4-6 hour sails in daylight. You may remeber that Tex was my first mate on our 7 month voyage to Mexico and back in 2018/19. He moved a year ago out of state and I have not seen him since. It will be great to sail with him again. The distance to Monterey is about 90 nautical miles. Looking forward!

No comments: