Friday, October 11, 2024

2024...so far!

It's been another amazing year so far. We had lots of travel around the planet, my son got married, several sailing vacations and lots of day sails on the bay. We started the year with a trip to Florida to visit my sister. She lives in an awesome water based community called Ocean Reef. We also did a fun stop at Disney World with a VIP tour of the top rides. Then it was off to Norway with Bridget. We did a cruise up the coast and into some amazing towns and villages. The highlight was a night time dog sled run in a snowy valley with a full moon. We did a week in Kauai and stayed near Hanalei. Lots of hammock time and kayaking. Iceland was next with Bridget, my two sisters and brother in law Tom. What a special voyage on a beautiful ship. Our highlight came on a coastal trip on a small boat on the Faroe Islands. Big mountains of ancient lava coming right down to the sea. Also had a great hot springs experience. In July I took off on a road trip to Oregon with Hana. I had plans to visit a few friends and then hit the coast. Some great kayaking and a fun time visiting my friends. In August I hit Vegas with a buddy and we went to see Dead & Co at the Sphere. The most amazing concert experience of my life! We also did a 5 day sojourn to the Delta with Tex and Barry. Last month I celebrated my birthday on a week long voyage to the islands of Greece. We met the boat 100 miles off Athens in the heart of the Aegean Sea. We hit a very windy week with winds 20-30 every day! My day sails have been epic. Hana and I anchor off the beach for a few hours while the wind builds and then have some great winds to Angel Island. The boat continues to amaze while keeping the crew safe. This weekend I am taking out a total of about 20 folks over a three day period to the air show over the bay that includes the Blue Angels. To finish off the year, I am on an awesome boat for the 30th annual Baja Haha. The 750 mile regatta down the coast from San Diego to Cabo. 120 boats and 400 friendly sailors will be joining us. Check back in mid November for the recap of my eighth Haha.

No comments: