Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Blue Hole

SCUBA diving is one of the most sublime sports around. One of my favorite dives was a drift dive in Cozumel, MX. We dropped over into the azure Caribbean waters and decended to 60 '. This is where the magic happened. The vis was about 100'. We came upon an immense wall that dropped down so deep you could not see the bottom. A wonderful current of about 2-3 knots picks us up and we were flying past beautiful fish and scenery. The feeling of moving and floating at the same time was magnificent. We continued for 20 minutes in this mode and I was so eleated with the sensation of flying over the reef. That dive was with my wife on our honeymmon 14 years ago. It is still very fresh in my mind. One of the places I want to dive is just down the road in Belize. Have you heard of the Blue Hole? One of the most fascinating locations in the diving world. Read about it here.

No comments: