Friday, March 09, 2007

Spring Break...Yeehaa!

Here in the Bay Area it is looking a bit like spring. Temps this weekend will be close to 80 in some areas. My nephew Danny is coming in from the east coast for his spring break from college. He is an intern for Ken Burns, the documentary god. He has been working with Ken on his latest project that will be out soon on PBS. It's a historical look at America's National Parks. Danny is keen on seeing Yosemite for the first time so we are heading there for a few days. Yosemite has a special place in my heart, as my first visit was with a friend who grew up there. He took me on the famous hike to the top of Half Dome in 79'. If you have never done it, you should. Past two amazing waterfalls, thru Little Yosemite Valley and finally up the cables to the top of the world. I have taken over 100 folks to the top since then. It's an all day affair and when we were doing the hike you could camp on top for the night. No more, however. When you finally reach the summit, you feel like you have really accomplished something extraordinary! After Yosemite we are off to Tahoe for some downhill skiing. And to top off the week, a little sailing on the bay! Being from the east coast myself, I just love the California lifestyle. Can you tell? So see you all in a week or so. Happy St. Pats too!

No comments: