Wednesday, February 24, 2010

40 Years of Windsurfing


My life changed on a dime when I discovered windsurfing in the early 80's. I was living on a big lagoon in Foster City, CA. A friend gave me his board that he was not using. It was a classic Bic. Had some wonderful times on that old board, learning the wind and playing in the water. Moved up to a nice board the next year and then a Klepper after that. Got so stoked, I started a windsurfing club called Wind Power. Had some awesome times and made some great friends. Sailing the bay and delta was about as wild as you can imagine. Great times in my life. By the mid 90's I was moving towards boats, which was a nice progression. I still get out there and have some fun but nothing like the 60-80 days per year that I used to enjoy. Here is a look back at the very beginnings of the sport from the late 60's. Enjoy! Cowabunga!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this information and for your blog on the whole. I’ve just shared it.