Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Fog is Back


During my sunset run in the hills yesterday, the wind was up as the sun was setting. My run gives me an impressive view of the bay from Mount Tam to Mount Ham and the bay. Looking west, I could see the first fog of the season coming over the San Bruno gap. This is a big deal for sailors in the area as it signals the start of big, consistent winds that make sailing the bay so amazing. We just had the bottom of our 30' sailboat painted and it will make for some fast sailing this summer.

On a sad note, my father in law, Richard Pooley, passed away over the weekend in Fla. He was a great man who loved the water. I took him sailing many times during his visits and it gave him great joy to be out in the SF Bay. His last wish was to have me spread his ashes under the Golden Gate from my boat. We will miss him greatly.

No comments: