Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Only Three Shows to Celebrate 50 Years of the Dead?

My first show was at Red Rocks in 1978.  I was on a cross country road trip and my bud wanted to see the Dead.  Knowing very little about the band, I was on board.  We had an amazing show and it was the folks around us that made it so.  During the song "The Wheel", the chorus goes, "if the thunder don't get you, then the lighting will", a huge bolt of lighting strikes over head.  I thought to myself, the special effects at this show are amazing.  Since then I have seen the band well over 40 times.  What fun and some great tunes along the way.  Being from the Bay Area, there were many shows in the 80's and 90's in my own backyard.  Shoreline was a favorite venue.  Once I rented a gorilla outfit and halfway thru the show, (just as the shrooms were kicking in for most) I scampered up the grass in my best gorilla imitation and the crowd reacted like I was a real gorilla.  Too funny.  Dancing with the crowd was a huge hit.  Good times indeed!

Please share this vid with your Deadhead friends! 


No comments: