Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Baja Haha here I come!

Heading out on Friday to San Diego and hope to join a boat for the 750 mile run to Cabo with 130 boats and 450 friendly folks. I arrive on Friday and begin knocking on hulls to find a ride. This will be my 7th Haha. The first leg is about 350 miles to Turtle Bay, asleepy fishing village in the middle of nowhere. We have a big beach party there. The next leg is about 250 miles to Santa Maria and another bash on a bluff overlooking the fleet. Then an overnight run to Cabo. More celebrations! One of the many highlights was 1000 dolphins around our boat in 2010. A few years later, I felt it was a perfect time for the green flash so I announced my thought over the radio to the fleet. Several cruisers doubted me and one said he had been looking for 40 years and not seen it. As the sun went down, a huge green flash occured. No one could believe it. Wish me a bon voyage!

No comments: