Tuesday, November 22, 2022

Out The Gate

On Sunday I took some neighbors out for a sail along with their dog. The temps here on the bay are in the 60's and very nice when you get in out of any wind. We hit Clipper Cove and took the dogs to the beach. They loved it. Back on board the champagne was flowing. We hit the point and there was a bit of wind. Once we got going the wind changed direction and we were in a perfect position to head out the gate without tacking. This does not happen very often. Soon it was 12-15kts and we were flying. We made all the way to Pt. Bonita for a look up and down the coast. Beautiful. I only get out this way once in a while as the tides and the wind have to alighn. Heading back we kept the sails up but needed to motor sail. We came back in after dark to a happy crew and happy dogs. A day for the record books for sure. I told my friends that this was the sail of the year! That is saying alot as I sail 120-140 days a year!

No comments: