Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Sheer Beauty of California

When I moved to the Bay Area (from Delaware via Las Vegas) in the early 80's my first residence was in a bungalow one block from the beach in Carmel. I was blown away with all the beauty that surrounded me from Point Lobos, Big Sur and the coast. Then I started taking my friends to Yosemite and to the top of Half Dome for an overnight stay. I took over 100 folks to the top. I love Yosemite and if you have not been, please go soon. My nephew Dan was here a few years ago and I took him to Yosemite for his first trip. He was a film student at the time and he decided to do a little film on me and use Yosemite as a backdrop to the film. Let me know what you think of the film.

1 comment:

The O'Sheas said...

Nice. I've got some shots of my grandparents with my dad as a little boy, on a daytrip to Yosemite in the forties. Beautiful b & w's of a beautiful spot.